Thursday, November 15, 2007

Yippie!!!!! I made it before 6:30

I started from the office by the 5:15 PM Cab and reached home exactly at 6:28.
I wanted to run to the rooftop and shout at unassuming passersby.But sadly for me ,
the street was deserted.So I decided to do the next best thing,so am blogging about it.

You may wonder why this is such a BigDeal with a capital B and a capital D.For innocent folks who have no firsthand experience of Bangalore Traffic.A little background is in order.For any distance between 5-25 kilometres travel time will be 45 minutes to 3 hours depending on your rotten luck,time of day,who you are with,the purpose of the travel,the locality and mode of transport.(Kindly note Locality and Mode of transport come last in the pecking order).For distances less than 5 KM , you will be better off walking.

I stay in BTM Second Stage.My office is in Hebbal , which is in the middle of nowhere.Depending on the route you take , the distance is between 20 -27 KMs.(How and Why of the range being so wide is one of the many secrets of Bangalore , I am yet to discover).I usually come by the 5:15 cab and reach home between 7 and 8:30.
Most days I get down from the cab at about 7:10.When I boarded the cab today , I fully expected to be stranded somewhere near Marathalli at 6:30.Please get into my shoes and imagine how I felt a few minutes , when the cab driver came and woke me from my sleep and said this is the last stop.Please get down.I checked my watch , then thought I had boarded the wrong cab.I rubbed my eyes.Looked out of the window , familiar signs of BTM Life beckoned me.I walked home thinking that my watch needed a change of battery.After few minutes of checking and rechecking , I realized my watch was working fine and the driver had created a record of sorts.God bless him.

When you are part of the Bangalore IT industry , you learn to treasure these simple pleasures of life.How I love such pleasant surprises.I want more of these.But that's were my rotten luck comes into play.All I get are shocks like my manager standing right behind me , when I was gawking at Deepika Padukone ,ignoring my work.
Such is life.

1 comment:

Swaroop said...

hey your blog title says "I am jobless and have nothing better to do. So this..."

What's with the whole post then ?

Update the blog title dude !