Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Murakami rocks........

I took 2 fiction titles from the library this time around.
The last 2 months have seen me reading only non-fiction and so
I thought I wanted a change.

Chose a book by Haruki Murakami and one by Kurt Vonnegut.
Currently reading " Hard-boiled wonderland and the end of the world" by
Murakami.

This particular book alternates between 2 different story lines.
The 2 narrations eventually merge together into a single story.The progress
of the 2 narratives and their eventual coming together is a treat to read.

I have read the first few pages of Kurt Vonnegut's Bluebeard.
I think that will also be wonderful. I just can't wait to finish
Murakami and take up bluebeard.

I know I am late to Murakami and Vonnegut but as the much abused saying goes
It's better late than never.

2 comments:

arvi said...

Hows the Murakami book?? and what other books of Mr. Vonnegut have u read...

I hv read Slaughterhouse5, Breakfast of the champions,Sirens of Titan... Too good

arvi said...

Hows the Murakami book? and what other titles of Mr.Vonnegut have u read.. I hv read Slaughterhouse5,Breakfst of the champions,Sirens of Titans... Too good.